Your Writing Coach
Discover how to come back home to your writing self through coaching that reconnects you to your intrinsic creativity, so you can share your unique stories with the world.
1:1 Coaching for Science Fiction and Fantasy Novelists
You may find yourself in one or more of these places:
At the start of your writer's adventure...
- You're totally confused on how to begin your novel - there's SO much information out there - and you have a great idea (or at least an idea that you're in love with and won't let you go).
- You need to write your story, but have no idea where to begin.
- You wish there was a roadmap that could guide you that respected your unique vision and the way you like to do things.
- And you yearn to develop a writing practice but get stuck every time you try, and getting stuck feels awful, especially when you've had a few amazing experiences writing. Why can't it be like that every time?!
Somewhere in the muddy middle of your writer's adventure...
- It's your dream to finish writing and publish your novel. You've been hard at work on it but are running into story issues getting it over the finish line.
- Or maybe that's procrastination stopping you from completing the book. Or maybe it's writers block. It's hard to tell sometimes.
- You've been looking at your unfinished book for so long (years, even) You just want someone to look at your work and tell you if it's any good (fingers crossed) and how to make it better, and how to finish it. Then maybe, just maybe, you can consider doing what it takes to getting it published.
- Can someone just tell you what's wrong with your book so you can fix it? Why is editing so hard?
- You wish to learn how to edit, not just have someone do it for you, but you're overwhelmed by all the contradicting advice out there.
Working together we can...
Create a plan of action to plan and write your novel
Everybody has a best time of day to write and each write can create a process that works for them so they can start learning what makes for a compelling story and then get to work brainstorming and writing.
Develop a plan to revise your novel
Often what's needed is more clarity about what kind of book you want to create. Once you know that the next steps become so clear and even fun.
Review your manuscript
Sometimes what's needed is a vigorous review and detailed feedback on your book, so that you can make it better.
*This type of support is under 02 - Editing Options next.
What To Expect From Your Writing Coaching Session
In advance of our first session, I'll ask you to fill out a short assessment.
Sessions are 60 minutes long, but may sometimes go a little bit over. So block off 90 minutes.
In our session, we explore together about your current situation and also what you'd like.
Since I do highly customized sessions, each meeting is different and tailored to your specific needs. I use my coaching, NLP, and other relational skills and years of experience to help you create the outcome you'd like.
All sessions are recorded for personal use only and all material shared is yours alone. Nondisclosure agreement available upon request.
If you'd like editing support for your finished or nearly finished novel, I recommend our Group Coaching Program, which is a 12-month commitment. [link to that page?]
I can also do a one-off coaching session and review pages or notes ahead of time -- up to 15 manuscript pages (Maximum: 3750 words) for an additional $150.
Since the work we'll do together is highly customized to you, I want you to make sure that we're a fit.
My working style is Socratic, where I ask you questions and explore together your vision for your best life as a writer.
I listen deeply and offer guidance in a way that is respectful to you, your past, and your dreams.
If our work together includes feedback on your book, I'll offer edits, suggestions, and comments in a way that is designed to teach and help you become a more proficient and effective writer.
My feedback will also be tailored to your specific needs in your story.
Some of the areas I can give feedback on:
- story structure
Meet Your Creative Writing Coach
Hi, I’m Beth Barany!
Beth Barany is an award-winning novelist, master neurolinguistic programming practitioner, and certified creativity coach for writers. She's also an experienced international speaker and podcaster.
Beth specializes in helping writers experience clarity, so they can write, revise, and proudly publish their novels to the delight of their readers. Her courses are packed with useful hands-on information that you can implement right away. She runs an online school for fiction writers and a 12-month group coaching program to help them get published. She also offers bespoke one-on-one coaching and consulting sessions for science fiction and fantasy authors and other adventurous thinkers.
When she's not helping writers, Beth writes magical tales of romance, mystery, and adventure that empower women and girls to be the heroes of their own lives.
Coaching For Novelists
Work with a writing coach for expert guidance and support
Achieve your writing dreams and live those dreams every day.
Strengthen trust and confidence in your creative process.
Unlock your author's voice.
Hold your finished book in your hands.
Delight from the impact on your stories on your readers' hearts and minds.